God is not omnipresent, nor is he a spirit. He is a bearded guy who can physically fight people. Genesis 32:24-28
24. So Jacob was left alone,and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.
25. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.
26. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
27. The man asked him, “What is your name?” “Jacob,” he answered.
28. Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
So Jacob literally fought with God, and the all-powerful God could barely overpower Jacob. This is definitely one of the weirder verses in the Bible. God renamed Jacob for some reason, but later ignored this. God even renamed Jacob a second time and still forgot that he had done it.
Image courtesy of Arvind Balaraman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net